Research Coaching Program
Call for Applications
Improve your research skills with assistance of experienced researchers.
The main goals of the research coaching program are to improve junior researchers’ research skills and contribute to the development of a sound scholarly research culture in Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, and North Macedonia. In 2021, the program will support research on the following broad topics:
- State, religion, and society in Albania under Communist rule;
- The destruction of religious sites in Albania under the Communist dictatorship;
- Space and Memory: Islamic heritage in Albania;
- The place of Islam and Muslims in Albanian cultural history;
- The Islamization of Albanians: Why and how?;
- The religious revival in Albania since 1990 in comparative perspective;
- Islam among Albanians in the 21st century;
- Islamic education among Albanians;
- The relationship and cultural links between Albanians and Bosniaks.
Applications should consist of:
- A completed APPLICATION FORM;
- A preliminary research proposal (the broad research area, the topic, its importance, goals, research questions/hypotheses, research methods, expected results: max 2000 words);
- A professional CV.
To be considered, prospective participants will already hold a graduate university degree (at least a Master’s) and preference will be given to young university or research institute staff and members of research-oriented NGOs from Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, and North Macedonia. Excellent spoken and written English are required.
Applications should be submitted by 20 September 2021 in English by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject should be: Research Coaching Program Application – your name.
The selection committee will choose 10-15 participants based on professional background and preliminary research proposals. All applicants will be notified of their status by 24 September 2021.
For more details, please check the document below: