The “Informal and Non-formal Islamic Education in Albanian Language” conference aims to explore the place of informal and non-formal education in Albania, Macedonia, Kosovo and Montenegro with respect to how it can critically realize its current and future positive potential as well as the ways, means and processes by which it can evolve both intrinsically in its various forms and externally at various levels.
The main aim of the conference is to bring scholars, researchers, educators, professionals and other stakeholders together to discuss issues, challenges and opportunities in informal and non-formal Islamic Education in Albanian language.
The Conference is being organized by the Albanian Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilization, Tirana, and the Center for Advanced Studies, Sarajevo.
The Conference will be held in Albanian.
International Conference on
Informal and Non-Formal Islamic Education in Albanian Language
12-13 October 2019
Call for Papers
Paper proposals should address one of the following themes below. Other relevant papers of good quality may be considered.
- Historical development of Islamic education in maktabs and mosques;
- Informal Islamic education by FBOs: evolution and issues;
- Family as an agent of Islamic learning;
- The pedagogics and didactics of informal Islamic education: teachers, resources, and teaching methods;
- Innovation and Creativity in Informal and non-formal Islamic education;
- Impact of Khutba and Wa’z as non-formal Islamic education medium;
- Life-long learning programs for Imams, Madrasa teachers and other groups;
- Islamic content in Albanian language in mass media: Internet, TV and Radio;
- Funding informal learning and infrastructure;
- Informal and non-formal Islamic education: Impact assessment.
Issues to be discussed
- Teaching materials
Publication of Abstracts and Conference Proceedings
The summaries/abstracts of all papers accepted will be published in a booklet. Complete papers will be published in an edited Conference Proceedings once refereed following the event.
Accommodation and boarding expenses will be provided by the conference organizers.
Deadline for abstracts: 15 August 2019
Notification of abstract acceptance: 1 September 2019
Deadline for full papers: 1 October 2019
In cooperation with